|Questions about Dimensions?||Check out our Custom Safety Zone Calculator.|
Build a Swing Set You Know your Kids will Love!
Have you been dreaming of the perfect swing set for your backyard? Now you can have it! With our Design Your Own feature, there is no dream that’s too big. A single tower swing set is more affordable and is the perfect size for smaller backyards. With that in mind, you have the ability to build this swing set full of action-packed adventure - custom tailored with your child's favorite play accessories.
Don't worry, the easy to use design will let you know what option fills in each slot. For extra guidance along the way, be sure to use the location key. You can save as many designs as you would like. Have fun!
Show Off your Custom Design to your Friends & Family...
Once you're satisfied with the design you created, you can simply add it to your cart or order by phone. If you want to resume your design later, you can save it too. Remember, you can build as many swing set designs as you would like. If you have any questions along the way, feel free to give us a call.
- Material: 100% California redwood construction - resistant to rot, decay and insects
- All corners are sanded to ensure edges are smooth to the touch
- Recessed bolts and hardware eliminates unnecessary cuts and scrapes
- Country of Origin: Hand-crafted with pride in the U.S.A
- Finish: pre-sanded and pre-stained for beautiful finish and longevity
- Ages: 3-11 years
- Play deck: 25 sq. ft.
- Posts: 4"x4"
- Safety steps: 2"x6"
- Swing hangers: commercial grade with safety clips for easy adjustability
- Safety standards: Meets or exceeds ASTM safety standards for residential use only
The following specs are for add-ons not included in the base tower, but may be featured in your customized design.
- Swing beam: Rated at 250 lbs. per swing
- Swing beam construction: 4"x6"
- Rock wall width: 4'
- Safety handles: 4| Color: Green
- Swing seats: Premium, 1-piece molded swing seats with reinforced nylon grommets and built-in UV protection - will not heat or fade in direct sunlight
- Swing chain: Plastisol coated chain offers a pinch-free grip that stays cool to the touch and won't fray or rust | Color: Green
- Swing chain length: 66"
- Belt swing weight limit: 250 lbs.
- Trapeze bar material: Constructed with heavy-duty metal | Color: Green (if applicable to your design)
- Limited lifetime warranty on wooden components
- 3-year warranty on hardware/accessories
- 1-year warranty on ropes and vinyl canopies
- Do-it-yourself: Free shipping on all online swing set purchases
- Professional installation - additional charge will apply for installations beyond 50 miles from local distribution center
Easy to build:
- Pre-cut, ready for assembly
- No special skills or tools needed
- Includes fully illustrated, easy to follow instructions
- Experienced customer service helpline available 6 days a week
- Socket set
- Star Drive Bit (included)
- Framing Square
- Tape Measure
- Impact Driver
Delivery time: 3-4 weeks for curbside delivery or professional installation. Lead times may vary during peak season and holidays.
- Material: 100% California redwood construction - resistant to rot, decay and insects
We design our swing sets to bring the excitement of the common playground to backyards across America. However, we have become the most respected swing set manufacturer in the U.S. by putting safety first, always. As an active ASTM safety committee member, we have gone beyond the normal safety guidelines to ensure your children are always safe. Here are the safety features included on our swing sets.
- Recessed bolts and hardware - All bolt connections are recessed, ensuring no cuts, scrapes or torn clothes!
- Rounded corners and edges - virtually splinter-free!
- Plastisol coated belt swing chains - no more finger pinching!
- Sturdy steel swing connectors – providing a full range of motion
- Safety handles - helping kids get a grip to the top. Four safety handles are included on design your own models
- Interlocking flat steps - making climbing easy
- Heavy-duty molded slides - Strong enough for the big kids!
- Safe staining process – 100% safe for children
- Every empty position in your configuration will be filled with safety rails
Parents Role in Playground Safety:
While we do everything we can to maximize safety, parents should keep an eye on their children during play to ensure they are using the play structure as intended. Here are a few suggestions to keep your kids backyard play area safe:
- ASTM guidelines recommended a 6’ safety perimeter around your swing set as well as overhead.
Teach your kids safe play rules:
- Look First - Never run in front of or behind someone who is swinging
- Share - Take turns on rock walls, monkey bars, slides and swings
- Wait until it’s dry – Always wait until the swing set is dry before you play
- No bullies allowed - No pushing, shoving or roughhousing allowed
Add a fall surface (ground cover) under your swing set.
While our redwood sets are hand-crafted to eliminate unnecessary cuts and scrapes, we suggest adding a fall surface under your play structure to add another layer of protection for your children – just in case they lose their balance and fall. We recommend adding rubber mats, rubber mulch, wood chips sand or pea gravel under your swing set. To see a pros and cons list of the best materials for under a swing set, check out the resources tab on this page. For a detailed guide on swing set fall surfaces be sure to check out our resources tab on this page.
Before You Buy
Things to Know:
- Don't worry; any empty positions/slots will be automatically filled with safety rails for your child's safety.
- Design your own models derive from the Premier Redwood Series.
- All design your own configurations include four safety handles.
This swing set is not intended for public use. It is intended for residential use and is not warrantied for public or commercial use.
What to consider when buying a swing set?
Before buying a swing set, always check with your homeowner’s association before assembly. Some HOA’s have height restrictions on building and play structures. Also, determine how much space you have in your yard. Will there be enough space for your children to run around with their friends safely?
How many kids can fit comfortably on the swing set?
This swing set has been designed for use by a maximum of eight children at one time, having a combined weight of 1,200 pounds. This swing set is recommended for children 3 years through 11 years of age.
How is the swing set delivered?
Once your swing set is built and ready to ship from our shop in Monroe, MI, the delivery company will contact you to schedule a delivery date and time. The typical swing set will be delivered curbside and comes in multiple bundles/boxes. Some larger packages may need to be opened and hand offloaded to the ground. It might be helpful to have another person help you bring the components into your backyard, but it not a necessity.
What is your standard lead time on curbside delivery and professional installation?
Approximate lead time is usually 3-4 weeks from order date. Lead times may vary during peak season and holidays. Please call our customer service helpline shortly after your order is placed to determine delivery or installation date.
Can I swing on the swing set with my children?
In most cases, parents and grandparents can swing along with children! Swing beam is rated at 250 pounds per swing position. So, as long as you do not exceed that weight limit per swing, anyone can join in on the adventure
What is the weight limit on the tire swing?
How much space do I really need in my yard?
The amount of space needed for a safe play experience may vary for each swing set, but we suggest following ASTM’s guidelines of having a 6’ safety area around your swing set. This area should not include any obstructions such as trees, plants, sheds or any other structures. In addition to the safety benefits of a 6’ clearance, it gives children space to run around all day long
What kind of construction knowledge do I need to have to assemble your swing sets?
We welcome anyone to build our swing sets, even those with little do-it-yourself experience. Each children's swing set kit is pre-cut, ready for assembly and can be built with basic tools, so you don’t have to be Bob Vila to install our swing sets. Actually, parents often comment on how much pride they have building their swing set on their own. Don’t worry, if you have questions during assembly, our dedicated customer service team can answer your questions via phone or online chat.
Can you install our swing set for me?
We also offer professional installation on this swing set for $299.
Periodic maintenance is suggested to ensure safe enjoyment of your swing set and optional accessories. Be sure to check out swing set maintenance checklist within the resources tab on this page.
Checking, splitting and surfacing cracking are characteristics of all wooden swing sets. This is caused by varying seasonal temperatures and moisture conditions. To minimize this checking and/or cracking, you may coat your play set with a water repellent.
Best way to stain redwood swing sets:
Our redwood swing sets are factory stained to provide a beautiful finish and long lasting protection. We recommend staining swing sets once a year to maintain its rich color and naturally resilient qualities. Prior to staining, clean all wooden components. Use a high quality water based stain or sealant such as Thompson’s Water Seal® . After staining or sealing, please allow 24 hours to dry before allowing children to start their adventure.
Have any other questions? Be sure to check out our Frequently Asked Questions.
- Customer Reviews